Old 04-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
Sven Vosselman

Default Don Fife Memorial

Dear all, this is just to inform you that recently we have visited the grave of Sgt Donald Fife at the Canadian War Cemetery in Holten, The Netherlands.

Lance-Corporal Don Fife of No.2 Provost Company, Canadian Provost Corps (C.P.C.), number F/77928. Born Nova Scotia, Canada, 5th June 1922 son of Percy and Laura Fife, of Halfway River, Cumberland County, NS. Decedent of John Fife who emigrated from Scotland to Nova Scotia around 1800. Killed in action aged 22 on 7th April 1945 in Holland and buried in the Holten Canadian War Cemetery, Overijssel, Netherlands, Grave Reference I.A.6.

As an active WW2 allied motorcycle enthusiast the picture of Donald Fife on his Norton caught on of my fellow enthusiast eye some years ago. He was triggered to find out about his personal story and this resulted in an annual visit to his grave.

I realize there have been many personal tragedies in WW2. I hope this annual remembrance we do for the Fife family and because of our love for WW2 allied motorcycles makes that we'll never forget.

Don Fife by Mike Hailwood, on Flickr
DSC06887 by Mike Hailwood, on Flickr
DSC06884 by Mike Hailwood, on Flickr
DSC06874 by Mike Hailwood, on Flickr

Regards, Sven
Sven Vosselman is offline   Reply With Quote