BFBSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:05 PM   #13
Dalbren
Grandson

How do I open the documents you are try to send me
Dalbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:06 PM   #14
Temujin

I was re-reading his records, and he was actually entitled to 3 medals, the 1914 Star, the Victory Medal and the British War Medal

Also, if you do order the War Diaries, be aware that seldom are NCO's and Other Ranks mentioned in the Diaries by name. Sometimes they are but very rarely. But you will see a day to day snapshot of where the Unit was and what they were doing on each day.

Any questions, please let us know and we'll try to answer them
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:12 PM   #15
Temujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalbren View Post
How do I open the documents you are try to send me
All the documents are posted on the thread above. You should be able to see them?

If you can't, another suggestion is that you can send me your e-mail by Private Message (On this site - just click on my name and then click on "send message") and I'll send you copies of everything that has been posted

If your talking about the "links" that Mark posted, just click on them, and it will take you to the link site
Old 04-22-2016, 01:48 PM   #16
Dalbren
Grandson

Thanks for all the info is there a place where I can get the side pages or more info you been very helpful in understanding my questions

Next question wear CEF pins given to British soldiers as in his case ?
Dalbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #17
Temujin

The short answer is YES (if he met certain criteria)

Here's a link to the rules:

Final CEF Award Criteria

Members of the Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF) who served at the front and had retired or relinquished their commissions, been honourably discharged, or returned to or retained in Canada on duty.

Members of the Imperial Forces, subject to the same conditions as members of the CEF, provided they were Canadian residents on the 4th day of August, 1914, and had returned to reside in Canada.

Ex-members of the RAF who served only in England were also eligible for the badge if they had been "actively engaged with the enemy whilst on the strength of an operational unit in Great Britain." (National Archives of Canada, RG24, Vol. 1764, File DHS 12-3, "Circular Letter No. 50, October16, 1919. Issue of Class "A" War service Badge Ex-member of the Royal Air Force who served only in England.")

Description

The Initial CEF issue is a bronze button 14/16 inches (22 mm) in diameter with a screwback fitting; the outside a circle with the words FOR SERVICE AT THE FRONT above and . . + . . below; the centre an enamel Union Jack in the form of a Tudor shield on a pebbled ground; this is surmounted by C.P.F. (Canadian Patriotic Fund); the reverse with stamped serial number. On a subsequent issue of the badge, C.P.F. was replaced with CEF (Canadian Expeditionary Force).

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/rememb...ice-badges/aca