Old 11-22-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
jan m
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Default Hello from the Netherlands

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself quickly to you. I am Jan, seventeen years old and I am from the Netherlands. I collect British and Candadian militaria from the Second World War. With my Canadian ww2 mannequin almost finished, I am buying personal items.

The reason that I registered myself here is that I would like to get in touch with one of your members. Her name is: peggys61

This is because I have bought a Battle Dress, wich belonged to her father! There were also maps included, and I am going to find out more information about him. If anyone could be of any help please let me now.

Thanks very much!

Jan
jan m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #2
Temujin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan m View Post
Hello,

I would like to introduce myself quickly to you. I am Jan, seventeen years old and I am from the Netherlands. I collect British and Candadian militaria from the Second World War. With my Canadian ww2 mannequin almost finished, I am buying personal items.

The reason that I registered myself here is that I would like to get in touch with one of your members. Her name is: peggys61

This is because I have bought a Battle Dress, wich belonged to her father! There were also maps included, and I am going to find out more information about him. If anyone could be of any help please let me now.

Thanks very much!

Jan
Just message Peggy on this site........also, contact the Admin of this site, and ask him to send an e-mail. He has all the e-mails to everyone, so he can send a direct request to her
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
jan m
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks very much. The previous owner tried it via PM but did not get a response. I will contact the admin tomorrow.
jan m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #4
Temujin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,293
Default

Jan.....can you give us the name of her father. We may be able to find out more info on where he lived (in Canada) and help find your contact for you?

Cheers
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #5
jan m
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks very much for your response.
He is now dead for over 20 years, so the seller will help me make an enquiry for his full service record.

He enlisted as John W. MCINTYRE
7th field company Royal Canadian Engineers
from 1939-1945

Jan
jan m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
Temujin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan m View Post
Thanks very much for your response.
He is now dead for over 20 years, so the seller will help me make an enquiry for his full service record.

He enlisted as John W. MCINTYRE
7th field company Royal Canadian Engineers
from 1939-1945

Jan

Sapper John W. MCINTYRE
Date Deceased: May 18th, 1995
Age: 73

Service Information

Rank: Sapper
Unit: Royal Canadian Engineers
Period of Service: World War II
Service Numbers: A19293
Legion Branch Information

Legion Branch: Last Post Branch, Port Stanley, Ontario, Canada
Legion Title: Life member

https://legionmagazine.com/en/last-p...ntry&id=148545
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #7
jan m
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Thank you very much. I also received this information for the seller. I am also looking for a few other Canadian ww2 soldiers. Maybe I can post this on this forum?
jan m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:04 PM   #8
Temujin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan m View Post
Thank you very much. I also received this information for the seller. I am also looking for a few other Canadian ww2 soldiers. Maybe I can post this on this forum?
Of course, just post your information and we’ll see what we can find, or give you suggestions
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:55 PM   #9
jan m
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Thank you very much. Her is the information. I own a lightweight gas mask of him. The identification disc says:
Private C. Christianson
M67443
Religion: Luth

He is promoted to Lance Corporal, that is what is written inside the gas mask bag.

Thanks in advance,

Jan
jan m is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.