Old 11-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #11
ecalpald

Thanks Kez
I will head over to the museum next week. Is there anyone in particular I should ask to speak to? Thereafter, I'll head up to the U of C library.
I just mailed a request to LAC for a genealogical pkg and the 11 Fd Amb war diary. I asked them to give me an estimated completion date and cost. Hopefully I will get a speedy reply.
Don
ecalpald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #12
Temujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecalpald View Post
Thanks Kez
I will head over to the museum next week. Is there anyone in particular I should ask to speak to? Thereafter, I'll head up to the U of C library.
I just mailed a request to LAC for a genealogical pkg and the 11 Fd Amb war diary. I asked them to give me an estimated completion date and cost. Hopefully I will get a speedy reply.
Don
Don, I see that Kez has answered many of your questions. Let me check my files to see if I have anything else on the 11th Field Ambulance. If I find anything I will post it up here.

As Kez indicated, if you need help “deciphering” or any questions (as you had) please post them up and we’ll do our best to help you

Cheers
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #13
kez

Don,

I'd check the online catalogue before making a trip. The U of C catalogue covers the holdings of TMM as well.
http://sirsi1.lib.ucalgary.ca/uhtbin...GARY/0/60/44/X

From some additional looking around, I see no sign that 11 Fd Amb (or any of the other Fd Ambs) published unit histories. That said, many of the immediate post war histories are pretty obscure. The links to the RCAMC official history upthread (which unfortunately doesn't include a bibliography) might be all there is to work with.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:33 AM   #14
ecalpald

Thank You All
I'll head on up to the U of C and get an Alumni library card and continue the search while I await on documents from the LAC.
Don
Old 11-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #15
bookworm1959

Hi Don,

I spoke to the archivist for the Military Museums, who is an archivist for the UofC military records. His name was Jason, I believe. When I spoke with him he wasn't aware of a history of the medical corps, but did provide me with the link to this forum, which ultimately had the link to the history I was looking for. He was very helpful and was thrilled that I found what I was looking for, here.
bookworm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:51 PM   #16
ecalpald

Hi Cindy, Thanks for another lead. I will ask about him at the U of C and the Museum when I make my visits to them.
Bye
Don