Old 02-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #1
EVB1586

Default Solider from Ontario-Ray Harrison

Hello, I'm looking for help on a friend of mine named Maurice Raymond Harrison C123234, from Peterborough, Ontario. He will turn 90 (born 1927) in October 2017. I believe he once told me he was in the Toronto Scottish Regiment but cannot verify because his memory is unclear. I would really like to know where and which battles he fought in WWII. He is a wonderful man and would love to know more details through the war years. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance...I'll check back regularly, cheers.
EVB1586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #2
Temujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVB1586 View Post
Hello, I'm looking for help on a friend of mine named Maurice Raymond Harrison C123234, from Peterborough, Ontario. He will turn 90 (born 1927) in October 2017. I believe he once told me he was in the Toronto Scottish Regiment but cannot verify because his memory is unclear. I would really like to know where and which battles he fought in WWII. He is a wonderful man and would love to know more details through the war years. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance...I'll check back regularly, cheers.
His Regimental Number tells us he originally joined 3A District Depot, Kingston.....The only way to confirm is to get his military records, but since he is still alive, only he can order his complete records. I'll see what else I can find for you

If he served with the Toronto Scottish, the battles they were involved in were:

The Dieppe Raid, Bourguébus Ridge, St André-sur-Orne, Verrières Ridge, Falaise, Falaise Road, Clair Tizon, The Laison, Dunkirk 1944, Antwerp-Turnhout Canal, Battle of the Scheldt, Woensdrecht, South Beveland, The Rhineland, The Reichswald, Goch-Calcar Road, The Hochwald, Xanten, Liberation of Groningen, Oldenburg

Last edited by Temujin : 02-17-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
EVB1586

I happily visited Ray today and told him that I was inquiring about his time in the war. Without hesitation he said "Well you'll find out that I signed up in Kingston"! I began to talk and ask questions regarding the war, and he had more information... He confirmed that he was with Toronto Scottish, 5th platoon, B Company.
My question is: does this new info pertaining to his platoon and company provide further detail on specific battles or missions? - more specific than those already provided above...
I have other questions that I will post in separate forum posts regarding:
Ray's commander and Ray's brother (Navy)

Thank you in advance and will check back often for any further clues.
Cheers
EVB1586 is offline   Reply With Quote