Old 03-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Temujin

Default Juno Beach - Landing Table Ident Numbers

The Juno Beach "Landing Tables", include all the LTIN Serials for each landing craft. Unfortunately they didn't tell you the "Actual Number" of the individual Landing Craft or Ship that was assigned to that number.

After searching for 3 years (and now someone will tell me, "hey I had that info") I finally found the tables that link the LTIN Serials to the Actual Ship/Landing Craft number.

This series of posts are those documents for everyone's use (Note: this information is from "Operation Neptune Force 'J' Naval Operation Order"

Last edited by Temujin : 03-26-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
Temujin

Old 03-26-2017, 03:39 PM   #3
Temujin

Old 04-06-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
FredericSmith

Hey I had this info!

Just kidding.

This is a pretty amazing find. Kudos to you! I will bookmark this page.

Have a nice day,

Webmaster : www.lequebecetlesguerres.org
Founder : www.parcoursdeguerre.ca
FredericSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
Temujin

Thank you. Actually I forgot to mention the source of the source (where I got this). Sorry about that.

The source was Fold3.com

Unfortunately with Fold3, you have to have a membership, but for those of you that already have a Ancestry membership, Fold3 (which of course is run by Ancestry) offers specially pricing.

Fold3 contains the entire Op Neptune Naval Orders (3000 plus pages) plus Operation orders of many many other battles and operation. I just copied the Naval Orders for the 81st (US) Divisions operations in the Capture of Angaur Island, Palau for example.

Of course the Op Neptune Naval Orders are also available on LAC website, but their copies are missing pages, for example I couldn't find this document above on the LAC copy. Also, "whomever" did the orginal microfiliming of the Canadian documents were not as "clear" as the documents on Fold3

Sorry, this isn't an Ad for Fold3, just trying to give you info on the service if you care to try it (I think they have a "7 day free trial", but not sure). The Yearly subscription rate isn't bad (IF you have a Ancestry subscription all ready), I just paid $40 to renew for another year.

Cheers and good hunting on those research projects you may have