Old 04-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
Kate LeBlanc

Smile Dieppe Photos

Hi all
Am looking for photos or a link where I can easily find them, showing the location of the Post Office in Dieppe which was reportedly Gestapo HQ and the apparent target for my uncle, an RCE Sapper with the 7th Field unit, in that raid. I found photos showing where the 3 main landings were but am unable to put them in context because I can't find any on how the town was laid out before the battle and where this building would have been located coming in from the beach, and to try to figure out how he might have approached his target.
I am planning on taking a Canadian Battlefield trip this fall which includes Dieppe and would like to be able to stand on the beach and have a visual context in my head.So any and all help greatly appreciated.
Kate:
Kate LeBlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
Temujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate LeBlanc View Post
Hi all
Am looking for photos or a link where I can easily find them, showing the location of the Post Office in Dieppe which was reportedly Gestapo HQ and the apparent target for my uncle, an RCE Sapper with the 7th Field unit, in that raid. I found photos showing where the 3 main landings were but am unable to put them in context because I can't find any on how the town was laid out before the battle and where this building would have been located coming in from the beach, and to try to figure out how he might have approached his target.
I am planning on taking a Canadian Battlefield trip this fall which includes Dieppe and would like to be able to stand on the beach and have a visual context in my head.So any and all help greatly appreciated.
Kate:
This map shows the Post office and Telegraph

Last edited by Temujin : 04-13-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #3
Temujin

Air Photo's of Dieppe etc

http://canadianmilitaryhistory.ca/lc...ike-bechthold/
Old 04-14-2017, 05:54 PM   #4
Temujin

Here's a link to Photo's that LAC has for Operation Jubilee

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/l...661&MaxDocs=-1