Thread: Info needed
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 08:05 PM   #2
Temujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate LeBlanc View Post
Hi to all
My trip to Europe is on for September19 and my first stop is Amsterdam. I am trying to find a day tour/guide who can get me to Jonkersbos cemetary from Amsterdam to visit my Uncle's grave. He was shot down over Holland May 1944 but his remains along with 2 other crew members from his Halifax were only discovered around 2005 and interred at Jonkersbos.
My hotel only offered a 1 1/2 h taxi ride at 300 Euros,not sure if that's return, or a 3 hour one way ? bus trip. Not very helpful. If possible I would like to see Groesbeck as well
Does anybody know of someone over there who does these sorts of day trips for Canadian tourists?
Thanks
Kate
Kate, a person I helped with info on her relative. visited their a couple of years ago. I know she was in contact with a young Dutch lad who took them to places they wanted to see. Here name is Janie, her contact thru Canada at War is:

http://www.canadaatwar.ca/forums/member.php?u=922

I also have her home e-mail, and if you'd like I can contact her directly and see if she has info on this that she could share with you

Just let me know

Cheers
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote